Help Orphans and Arts Australia (HOA) is a charity founded to help orphans and street children with an education and poor people who are unemployed, homeless or lack the vocational skills needed to support their lives.
Our organisation aims to teach vocational and life skills and educate these children, which in turn will give them knowledge and skills necessary to be able to look after themselves and support their futures.
HOA Australia roles are to mentor the Cambodian staff, to raise funds for children’s education and other activities and provide governance oversight and other assistance for the Cambodian workers.
HOA Australia is based in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and has a number of volunteers and supporters (from all over Australia, UK and the USA) who all have a desire to better the lives of Cambodian children.
Our vision is to provide accommodation, food and assistance that enables orphans and poor street children to have the right to join society with an education and skills that will help them achieve a better life for themselves and their families.
To work closely with orphans, street children and poor people, assisting them to gain a better education, life skills and an ability to live a more sustainable and independent life within Cambodian society.
To eliminate illiteracy, poverty and hunger that enables orphans, street, disabled and poor people to gain skills which enables employment and to be able to contribute to Cambodia’s developing national society.
Help Orphans and Arts Australia has the following objectives:
- Provide poor children with education, cultural and life skills
- Provide accommodation and food for children of early primary to early high school age that have no permanent place of abode
- Select orphans whose parents have died through Aids or by other reasons providing food, vocational skills, an education and enhancing their ability to maintain their lives
- Help develop agriculture skills in more remote and rural area’s
- Help provide a stable home environment with nutritious food and support for the children in our care
- Offer spiritual guidance to develop inner strength